Friday 19 September 2008

The 'What I Had For Dinner' Project Blog - Friday 19th September 2008

aka. Dark (Dinner) Times

There have been some good meals of late, I've perfected my rissotto technique a little (knocking up a very nice white wine flavour with chef-like ignorance), I had a fantastic vegetarian breakfast one evening (though the scrambled eggs were a bit runnier than usual) and I was very proud of the cold homemade pizza I took away with me.

We've had a few repeat appearances - which was inevitable, the question now is 'What will be my most repeated meal?' - and we've had one slight slip-up when I was too preoccupied to photograph one dinner and ultimately took a photo of my midnight snack. Well, I took a photo of a midnight pitta bread and salad, took one bite and then spat it into my bin. (I was camping at the End of the Road Festival and this salad and been prepared before I left, it had not aged well!) So, eventually that dinner entry was a bag of crisps I ate in my tent at midnight. I feel quite bad about this because what I had for dinner that night was very nice, it was a bourek from a regular festival-based eatery called Moorish Feast. Only the 'Rocket Special' pizza from the weekend trip made it onto the project, as most of my fancy food was purchased at lunchtime. Still, there will be an opportunity come next year's festival season to make up for these oversights!

The following week is going to be a very interesting (if worrying) one for this project as I have no money and won't be getting paid until the end of next week, so, expect some meals scraped from the bottom of the barrel!

Hope all's well with you.

Owain. x

1 comment:

sionco said...

you should attract more people and get some mother f****** adverts on here and make some money